Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Long Distance Romances

This week's Toon Club topic is "Ancient Egypt." I wanted to portray the long distance romance of Marc Antony and Cleopatra. Back in 1999 my wife and I were dating and partying like it was 1999. One of our first dates was to a Halloween party when we dressed up like Marc Antony and Cleopatra. Just like the real couple, we had our own long-distance relationship. Although we didn't travel from Rome to Egypt to see each other on the weekends, (more like several hours) the distance didn't seem so far because we were in love. Aaaaaahhh.





Here's a picture of our date! As you can see, we were MUCH better looking than the real Marc Antony and Cleopatra..... We're even MORE attractive now!

6 comments:

Elle said...

I had never seen this picture before, I don't think

pamela said...

love it! nice work. love the detials.

S.T. Lewis said...

Even more attractive now? Impossible. Wait... did I just hit on you? Crap. Really nice piece, as always, Bryan. Everything you do amazes me further. Soon I will be beyond feeling. Excellent work.

pamela said...

NEW POST PLEASE!!!

AkuTyger said...

I agree, now that I just figured out who you are - I am much more curious perusing what you write, and draw.

Ken Chandler said...

You guys look good together! Love the costumes!