Sunday, May 6, 2007

Pig Places

After redesigning the characters of Pig Tales for Feature Films for Families. I moved on to their backgrounds. I didn't realize working on backgrounds could be so much fun! I had a great time doing these. As you can see, I'm a big fan of Disney's Sleeping Beauty and I used a lot of reference from the film for inspiration for the new Pig Tales background style. Eyvind Earle did the coolest stuff for that movie, I could never come close to anything he's ever done, but I tried to emulate a few of his techniques only in more of a poor man's, cartoony, digital, Illustrator form..... Surely he's turning over in his grave after that statement.




4 comments:

S.T. Lewis said...

These, like everything you do, are absolutely amazing! This is such a better look than what they've been going with so far. Really nice stuff. You do everything well. You are a jerk for making me feel like I suck, but since that (most likely) unintentional, I will let it slide... for now.

Nathan Lindsay said...

You're kidding me right?

Where were these a month ago? I'm trying to find the lead art guys here right now to show them these. Seriously man, these blow me away.

smooth art.

pamela said...

my favorite is the cottage. you need to relate the story on your blog about how milli told me her dad "wasn't a very good artist"....

Ken Chandler said...

These are all amazing Bryan. Love the perspective the colors, the details. The fairy tale feeling is definately all over these, they will be a big hit with all audiences. Brilliant!