Thursday, April 5, 2007

Little Peach Colored Men

When I was a kid, I used to sleep way down in the basement and was always secretly a little scared of some sort of an alien encounter. Those probing stories always sound so uncomfortable. However, when I was in collage I became sort of fascinated with aliens and started figuring, if there were little green men out there, maybe they weren't so little, and maybe they weren't men, and maybe they weren't even green....no, of course they were green. But maybe they were tall, attractive, female aliens. After dwelling on that, these visitors didn't seem so bad.

Anyway, back in my garage band days, I wrote a number of songs envisioning space travel and hip aliens. I'm a nerd. I thought a cool music video idea would be the awkward marriage of a space man to an attractive alien lady. Last week, ToonClub gave me the opportunity to illustrate this idea. Whatever.

3 comments:

pamela said...

i'm sorry that i can't necissarily fulfill the alien fascination you have! although i suppose after having two of your jumbo children, i may be a little alienish.....

S.T. Lewis said...

I hadn't realized that this drawing was based on visions you've dreamed of... now it has so much more depth. You've put an interesting twist on fear, though... if you're afraid of something, be attracted to it. Maybe I'll try to use that.

Elle said...

I like your creativity. I never knew you were scared of aliens when you lived in that room down in the basement. I may have had to make fun of you had I known this.